Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Tag

I was tagged by my sil Beth. Warning: some of my answers are pretty boring, but here you go...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely Hot Chocolate - can't stand the other stuff. (I know, big surprise coming from me, huh?)

2. Do you wrap presents or not? Yes.

3. Colored Lights or White? I've gone back and forth recently. I used to love just white lights, but then it seems that everyone started putting up just white. So, I'm starting to revert back to colored. It also depends on where the lights are (house, tree, etc.)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you decorate? I try to start the day after Thanksgiving. Sometimes it's all done that weekend. Usually it takes a week or so.

6. Favorite holiday dish? Good question...I don't think I have one.

7. Favorite memory as a child? Another good question... without a good answer. It's weird, but my memory of my childhood is kind of sketchy and I can't seem to recall any Christmas memories.

8. When & how did you learn about Santa? I don't remember that either. But - every Christmas that I spent at home (even into my 20's) I got a gift from Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a kid we usually opened 1 present on Christmas Eve. Although, I do remember that one year my brother and I talked our parents into opening all of the presents that night. The only thing we got on Christmas Day was our Santa giflts.

10. How do you decorate your tree? I'm currently into a blue and silver/white phase with all of my indoor decorating. The tree has blue and white lights and blue and silver ornaments. Logan has had his own tree the past few years that has colored lights and all of the kid ornaments.

11. Snow...love it or dread it? Love it. Of course, ask me that again after we get a really big snowstorm here and I may have a different answer!

12. Can you ice skate? Not very well at all.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I don't recall a favorite, but a few that I remember liking a lot were a flute, a music writing software program, a bracelet and a power screwdriver.

14. What is the most important part of the holidays? Remembering Christ and spending time with family.

15. Favorite holiday dessert? Hmm... again I can't think of a favorite. Anything chocolate.

16. Favorite tradition? It's a relatively new one for me - breakfast with Jon's family on Christmas morning.

I tag Laura, Heather, Kim, Trina and Kevin. I was going to tag Marcy, to keep it all girls, but I figured I'd give her a break since she is travelling 14 hours alone with a 4-year-old!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I like the Christmas questions. The traditions are my favorite!

Kim said...

Ooh! Christmas tag. I will play along.