Friday, January 8, 2010

Playing Catch Up: Part I

TRIMMING THE TREES
There are so many things I love about Christmas time. One of them is the tree. I love christmas trees. (Although, not quite as much as my sister-in-law, Teresa. She had me way beat in number of trees this year. Just wait, Teresa - I might catch up to you one day!) A few years ago I adopted a blue and white/silver theme for my tree. I love the winteryness of the colors.

Logan's had his own tree for a few years, now, where he gets to hang all of kid/fun ornaments.

Lexi got her own very own pink mini-tree this year.


And they both got to hang the ornaments on the big tree. (Which was real and boy, did it sure smell good!)

Logan actually got some of the ornaments pretty high up there.

Daddy helped a bit, lifting the kids way up high.....

...but notice the bare patch on top............................and the row of ornaments along the bottom!



Here's the finished product:

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful Jamie! It really does have a nice winter look to it. (You know I got the idea of giving Jack his own tree from Char...she used to do that with Caitlin and Ryan.) You just need 6 more to catch up to us!

Becca said...

That's a cute idea to have a Christmas tree for the kids. I love the smell and look of Christmas trees but I have to admit I would rather have someone else decorate and undecorate them.

Sheri said...

I want to get a separate tree for the kids next year so I can have one tree my way!

I wish we would get a real tree - there's nothing like the smell. Your tree looks AWESOME! It's so bushy!