Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lexi's It

Lexi was tagged a little while ago. It's hard to come up with 6 random things about her, since I blog about her all of the time. So, here's what I came up with....

Lexi shoves food into her mouth. I have to be careful when she's eating something herself. I can't just put a whole serving in front of her. I have to give it to her in portions, because she will just keep putting food into her mouth until the food is gone, and then she'll start chewing.

Speaking of food, she stuffs food in her cheeks. This happens with foods that she apparently does not like. Mainly hot dogs and chicken nuggets. When the food is set before her, she quickly shoves everything into her mouth. I guess if she doesn't really like it, she just chews it and moves it into her cheeks. Where it will stay until either she takes it out (not usual) or I dig it out with a spoon (most likely). I've even tried giving her other things to eat that she likes to get her to swallow whatever's in her mouth. She somehow manages to eat what she likes while keeping the offending food in her cheeks.

In this picture, you can see the little bits of pasta that she chose not to eat.


Lexi likes to play the repeat game. You know - where someone says something and the other one repeats it. Except, with Lexi, it's noises. She likes to make a sound, and then if you repeat it, she makes a different sound. Her and Logan tend to get really loud when they play.


Lexi loves the bath. She starts grinning as soon as the water is turned on. She wasn't too fond of them at first, but then she discovered she could splash. She thinks it's just great.


Lexi likes to play with Logan. She thinks that just about everything he does is funny. Unless he's bugging her, then she doesn't laugh - she actually has started pushing him away. But, most of the time she really enjoys his company.
Lexi has a great laugh. I really think most all babies have a great laugh, and Lexi's is no exception. She thinks it's funny when other people laugh and she just joins right it. Here's a quick little video clip of her laughing at Jon blowing up a balloon. (Be sure to pause the music first).
So - there are a few tidbits about my sweet baby girl. Don't worry, I'll let you know about whatever cute/funny/weird/crazy thing she does next.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

She just gets cuter every day.

Heather said...

That is an adorable high pitched laugh.

Sheri said...

I shove food in the side of my cheeks too - but I am just saving it for later.

Marcy said...

Tell Lexi her cousin Bremen still does the holding-food-in-the-cheeks-he-doesn't-like thing. And his parents get very frustrated with him about it. SO there's always something to look forward to.

I love the video. It's nice when pictures move.

Becca said...

Lexi is just so darn cute! I loved the video and hearing more about her.

LauraB said...

And the BIGGEST random fact about Lexi is - she misses her Grammie and wants to move back to Arizona!!

Michelle and Aaron said...

She is so cute! I love the video. Next time we head to Utah we'll have to stop by and say hi.

Jamie said...

Please do - we love having visitors!