Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Baby Girl

I can't believe Lexi is 1 already! She had a great day today. Jon got to stay home today, so that was nice. We took her to get her picture taken, and she was just so stinkin' cute! I'll post some of the pictures in a week or so. While we were there, I was holding one of her hands so she could stand for a few of the pictures. I decided to let go and she actually stayed standing. For quite a long time. I told the photographer this was the longest Lexi has ever stood by herself before. And then guess what Lexi did... She took a step! She actually took some steps a couple of times, it was so great! (of course, she hasn't taken any more steps since...oh well)

After pictures, we hung out at the mall for little while, where Logan picked out her present from him. A Disney princess cell phone, which he then proceeded to take away from her to play with. Then we came home and Lexi and I took a nap together. Then she opened her presents and had cake. I had ordered a simple little cake from Walmart, and when I went to get it, I noticed they had these really small cakes. So, I got one of those for her to have fun with. When the gal brought out the cake, she saw I had this little cake, as well, and she said she could sell it to me for a penny if I wanted. Well, duh - of course I wanted! That was so great. Lexi had a grand time with the presents and cake. We're so thankful so our sweet baby!

I think she got confused about the presents and thought they were for eating. She wasn't quite sure what to do with them.

At first she seemed thrilled about the new clothes...


But that didn't last long.

She was very excited to eat cake.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, a year old! I didn't know her birthday was February 5th. I just posted about Melanie for her 6 month mark. I guess they are exactly 6 months apart. It sounds like an eventful day - and you will always remember when her first steps were.

LauraB said...

Yeah for the walking girl!! That will be so much fun - Logan will have a shadow for sure then!!

Teresa said...

Happy B-Day Lexi! Can't wait to see the pics. Did you get some of her with the cake?

Sheri said...

I want to see cake pics! Happy Birthday Lexie :)

Teresa said...

Thanks for adding the pics! She is so cute with that cake!

LauraB said...

Looks like she had a blast! I love that picture with her smiling and cake all over the place!! What a cutie-pie!

Charlotte said...

She is definately a Lambson! She has my nose, can I steal her? Oh, by the way, we got a puppy instead of a third baby!

Teresa said...

Do you realize how much she looks like Charlotte in that 2nd picture?