Friday, July 18, 2008

Mamma Mia and a Mowhawk

I love ABBA. Did you know that? My parents listened to them while I was growing up, and something about them just stuck with me. I just love them. One of my greatest wishes in life would be to see them perform live. Just knowing that it'll never happen saddens me. When the stage show "Mamma Mia" came through Phoenix quite a few years ago, I was ecstatic. My sister and I went to see it and had a blast. I was singing the songs wherever I went for weeks afterwards. Now - there's a movie. It opens today. Aah! I'm going to see it tomorrow - I can hardly wait. And - as much as I am dying to see the new Batman that also opens today, I will be seeing Mamma Mia first. Can't wait - I just hope I'm not disappointed. Go ABBA! Just for fun - can anyone guess what song in my playlist is my absolute favorite? Good luck.



Here's a picture of Logan on the 4th. You can see how shaggy his hair is. A few days later, he came downstairs with this new do...







He ended up only having it for a few days - he wanted Jon to shave it off. It may have had something to do with the fact that his friend Alex cried when he saw it and wouldn't look at Logan for a while. Then next time Alex came over, he said to Logan "Thank you for shaving that off."

26 comments:

Jon said...

I apologize for the ABBA references on our blog. That kind of takes away from Logan's cool mohawk

Teresa said...

How cool! I can't believe he made his friend cry with his hair cut.

Teresa said...

Is it "Take a Chance on Me"? I like that one.

LauraB said...

OK, that's just sad. Alex actually cried? Of course, Logan looks pretty scary in that mohawk picture!

OK - I'm thinking either SOS or The Winner Takes It All. (My two favs are Take a Chance on Me and SOS.) LOVE the playlist!!! Wish you were here - I want to go see Mamma Mia and I don't know who will go with me (I'm doubting Marcy will.)

Kim said...

Jamie, I too love ABBA. How could you not? I'm guessing that your favorite is "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight). One of my favorite 80's bands - Erasure - used to cover ABBA songs.

Laura, My mom and I are going to see ABBA today. Come with us!

Sheri said...

I want to see Mama Mia too. Let me know how it is.

Jamie, are you ever going to post about SYTYCD? Are you watching this year?

Jamie said...

Teresa, Laura and Kim: All good guesses - I do like all of those, but not they're not my favorite.

Sheri: Yes, I'm watching it - and totally loving it. My fave's are Twitch, Joshua, Katie and Chelsie. I was sad to see Kherington go before Comfort, though.

Kim said...

Is it "I have a dream"? After seeing the movie, I love that song even more.

Jamie - my mom, Laura and I decided that we are going to have a Mamma Mia release party. When the movie is released onto video we are going to dress up in our best Dancing Queen outfits and watch the movie together and dance to ABBA all night long. You are invited so make plans to visit!

Jamie said...

No, Kim, it's not that, either. I'm so jealous you've seen the movie already! How am I going to wait until tomorrow... Even if I can't make it to AZ, I'll still party with you up here!

LauraB said...

OK - Dancing Queen??? Cause that one really makes me want to get up and move! I was so irritated at the lame audience at the movie - I seriously wanted to get up and dance!!

LauraB said...

Don't leave - watch all the credits!!

Jamie said...

Silly Laura - that song is not even on my playlist...

LauraB said...

Which brings me to my question - WHY?????? It should be and I thought it was a grave overshight on your part!!

Teresa said...

Kim, I love the Erasure covers of ABBA!

Jamie said...

Well...everyone automatically thinks of Dancing Queen when they think of ABBA - so I wanted to give my loyal listeners a chance to hear their other songs and realize the greatness that is ABBA.

LauraB said...

OK - Angeleyes??

Jamie said...

Nope - good try. I already gave Laura this hint, but here it is for everyone else: it is a lesser known sing, that is not in movie, and is not on the ABBA Gold album.

Heather said...

I read the story about Logan at work and didn't have the picture. Now that I see the picture I can see why Alex was so scared. JK I actually think mohawks are super cute on little kids.

Heather said...

Sorry no ABBA guesses. While I listened to that for a lot of my life as my parents liked ABBA a lot I don't know their albums very well.

Kim said...

Is it on your playlist?

LauraB said...

Come on Jamie - WHICH one is it???

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Yes - it's on the playlist. I think I like it so much because the music has a kind of eerie or haunting sound to it. Jon thinks the song is dumb and the lyrics have no point. What does he know...

Kim said...

Is it "The Day Before You Came?"

Jamie said...

Yea for Kim!

Becca said...

Logan, cool hair! I like the stars wars picture too.