Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 4th

Well, not much has really been happening around here. Jon and I are busy with work and Logan and Lexi are busy being kids. We had a good 4th of July. We had a little "pre-show" pretty early so Lexi could get in on the action. She had fun...at first. After a few bangs and pops, she wasn't too sure about the whole firework thing.



It doesn't get dark here until around 10pm right now, so we had a late night. Logan was alternately scared and excited. I think he was afraid the fireworks were gonna 'get' him. There were 5 houses on our street doing fireworks and we had views of 3 different in the sky shows. Actually, one of neighbors had a bunch of sky ones, and we actually ended up with a few, as well. This year, Jon took Logan to the 'Firework Warehouse' just outside of town. They spent a bunch of money on some cool stuff. It was tough to get non-blurry pictures of the fireworks, but I liked this one.
.
Anyway, I feel this is a less-than-stellar post, but I figured I'd better put something on here before I got in too much trouble!

7 comments:

Beth said...

That picture of Jon holding Lexie is too cute!! It was good to hear from you again...

LauraB said...

She's growing up so fast! (Love the "do.") Thank you for posting - I can now look at your site without muttering!!

Teresa said...

Oh, she looks so sad.

Sheri said...

Can you buy us some firecrackers?

I can't believe how blonde Lexi's hair is.

Kim said...

It sounds like your 4th was better than ours. Chandler's fireworks show is kinda lame. The boys lost interest after 5 minutes.

Jon said...

if you notice the lead on settlers of catan continues to climb with me chalking up another one last night bringing my dominating total to 6

Kim said...

Jon, I am loving your music. It rocks! I did notice that "only you" is listed as Erasure when it is actually Yaz. Weird, but I still like that song. I like that you have Book of Love on your playlist too. That one is missing from mine.