Monday, April 20, 2009

Columbine


Most of you know that I am a graduate of Columbine High School. Which makes today a bit emotional. I was not there when it happened - thankfully my brother and I were already graduated and moved on. But I knew people there.
I can tell you that it is a very strange thing watching a tragedy like this happen in a place you know so well. I spent four years of my life there. I'm not a usual person - I actuallly enjoyed High School. I have so many good memories there. Although, they started remodeling the school after I graduated, so it didn't look like the school I went to, which is a good thing, I think. The memories of My Columbine aren't tainted.
Anyway, I just wanted to take some time today to remember and pray for those who were there and had to live through it. My heart goes out to you.
WE....ARE....COLUMBINE!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I didn't know that about you - I learned something new. It is such a horrible tragedy and makes sending your kids to school difficult.