Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Successful Day

So, I've mentioned previously that Lexi only likes to take naps in her swing or in someone's arms. If I put her down somewhere, she's awake within 5 mintues. Well, the last few days I've been putting Lexi in her crib while she's napping to get her used to sleeping in there during the day. She's taken a few 20-30 minute naps in there. Today we had a breakthrough - she napped for over an hour. Wahoo!



Lexi also happens to be 5 months old today. So I thought it would be a good time to try feeding her cereal again. At first, she spit it out. Then she kept it in her mouth for a little while...and then spit it out. So, I got a bottle and put the bottle in her mouth right after the cereal, which got her to swallow the cereal. After a couple times of this, she ate the cereal all on her own. Of course, since she spits up all the time, she spit up the cereal an hour later. Oh well, at least I got her to eat it!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Evan just barely slept through the night last night and he is 8 months old. If she'll sleep through the night in her own crib you're set!

LauraB said...

How precious is she!! I can't wait to get my hands on her!!!!

Marcy said...

I had a doctor tell me once that if they get in their system for even a little while, they get some nutrients from it, even if it comes back up later-good to know since my kid was always throwing up for the 1st 3 years. She doesn't look like she'd hurting for food anyway. But, seriously good job on the cereal and the napping!