Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Move

We moved (again) last weekend. This will be the 3rd place we've lived in Idaho in the last 3 months. But, since we actually own this place, I think we'll stay put for a while. Patrick and Heather came up to visit and to help us move. It was great having them here. Logan and Lexi really enjoyed spending time with them.


Logan had a great time during the move. Here he is helping Patrick move a file cabinet.

That evening, he had no trouble falling asleep (he was playing with those bugs at the time).

After we got everything in, we realized we didn't have enough knick-knacks to decorate, so we decided to use Lexi on the fireplace mantle.

Don't worry, Jon was right there. Lexi actually stayed up there for a little while - she was just kicking back and relaxing. We've been in the new house for a week now, and we're almost half way unpacked. It's taking Logan a while to get used to being in such a big house. He can't stand to be alone upstairs or downstairs - someone always has to be on the same floor as him. I think he's afraid we're going to leave him alone in the house or something.

But, he's already made friends. Our next door neighbor has 5 girls. Two of them are around Logan's age and they've come over to play. And, a couple doors down is a boy his age that came to play today. When it was time for Bex (that's the boys name) to leave, he gave Logan a hug - it was so cute. One of the guys Jon works with has a boy just a little younger than Logan and he's been over to play a few times. Alex is his new best friend (sorry Bremen) and Alex's mom has been great helping me with the kids during the move. So, I guess that makes her my new best friend (sorry Marcy).

Lexi is still growing like a weed. Most of the clothes she wears now are 9 month clothes - she'll be 5 months next week. I think we'll give feeding her cereal another shot soon. She's still sleeping through the night, which is great. Now if I could just get her to take a nap in her bed instead of in my arms...

As a side note for anybody who saw that video that Brian shared with us. Logan was singing gibberish to Lexi the other day and he starts singing Candy Mountain over and over. Then he says "Go in Charlie. Go in Charlie." I just had to laugh. That kid remembers everything!

7 comments:

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

It's about time you updated your blog. I was getting tired of not seeing anything new. Anyway, miss you guys. How about some more pictures of the new crib? (are the yung-uns still using "crib"?)

Sheri said...

That picture of Lexi is hilarious! She's growing so fast! Evan is too - he's wearing 12-18 month clothes and is only 8 months old.

Sheri said...

I'm dying to know whose comment you erased and why!

Brian said...

I erased my own comment because...........you'll just have to keep wondering:-)

Marcy said...

I'm so jealous of your new best friends! Oh, well, can't say I blame you guys. I wish i had a mantle nick nack like yours. Where did you get it? The Home Store...or I bet you found it online, right?

Unknown said...

Lexi is adorable. good luck getting settled in! Your kids are so cute