Friday, September 7, 2007

Reminders of home...and other stuff

We had 'severe thunderstorm warning' here a few days ago. All we really got at my house was a dust storm.

It was actually pretty mild, but it reminded me of Arizona. I really shouldn't be thinking of AZ as home right now. Idaho is my home. If I don't think of Idaho as home, I'll just keep waiting for the day we leave, instead of settling in here for however long we stay.

One of the things I love about being here is the landscape. I'm trying to figure out how to take good 'nature' pictures. I really have no idea what technical things make a picture good, or not, so I just practice by taking a bunch of pictures. Here are some of the ones I've kept:


There's a beautiful rose garden downtown.


One day we drove up to Bogus Basin, which is the ski resort that's about 40 minutes from the city. Here's the view from the top, a butterfly and Logan holding a ladybug. I do believe that this is the first time he actually held a bug.

4 comments:

LauraB said...

I don't like this blog entry - it makes me sad. Oh, the middle picture of the rose standing up is my favorite. Go Logan - lady bugs are OK to hold!!

Charlotte said...

Your pictures are great! Arizona is your home, don't make 2 years turn into 4 or 5 like other people!

Kim said...

The middle picture of the rose standing up is my favorite too. I like it because the rose is in focus and the background is blurry.

Jamie said...

That picture is my favorite of the roses, too, because of the same reason, Kim. I'd like to say I did that on purpose, but, alas, I wouldn't know how to make my camera do that if I tried!