Thursday, January 10, 2008

Logan stuff

I'm not sure how we got on the subject, but Logan and I were talking about marriage a few days ago. About how when girls get married they change their last name to the boys name. And he asks me who he's going to marry? Lexi? So I explain to him that you don't marry someone that's in your family. He says: But you and daddy are both in my family. Okay... I explain that we weren't in the same family before we got married.
"Well, who am I going to marry?"
"I don't know. "
"Well, who's Lexi going to marry?"
"I don't know that either - it's going to be a very long time until either of you get married."
Then, Logan starts getting a sad face and says he doesn't ever want to get married. Then he starts getting sad and worried... "But I want to stay with you and daddy!" Then there's another explanation about how we're still going to be his mommy and daddy even after he's married. He's still pretty sure he doesn't ever want to get married.
Then, last night, we were coming home from somewhere, and I ran into the grocery store real quick to get something. After I was done, and we were headed home, I told Jon about the conversation Logan and I had, and Jon says: "Oh...so that's why he just told me that my name was Jon before I got married, and now it's still Jon." Jon was wondering where Logan pulled that from... I tell you - that kid remembers everything!

This morning Logan says out of the blue: "Mommy, am I allergic to dogs and that's why we don't have one?" First I had to laugh, because what 5-year-old knows what 'allergic' means? Then I had to very politely explain that we don't have a dog because mommy and daddy don't want a dog. Thankfully he let the subject drop.


Here's another picture of the sleeping kid. This was taken on Grammie and Papa's couch a few days before Christmas. There we no less than 5 people in the room talking, I'm sure we were pretty loud. He actually stayed asleep through all of the noise for quite awhile. Must be because he was covering his ears!

In other news, last Sunday we woke up to snow. On Monday it snowed twice. On Tuesday it snowed off and on all day. So, now it's snowed about 4 times more so far this winter than it usually does all winter long here. One morning, the roads were so icy, that Jon had to go about 2 miles per hour - seriously. He ended up being almost 30 mintues late to work, and that was after leaving earlier than he usually does! But, Logan had a blast playing in the snow and building snowmen and then kicking them down. So that makes it all worth it!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Logan is so funny. I miss him.

Marcy said...

Totally not missing the snow. Playing it in IS fun, but it's all the getting around and the ice that builds up as it melts that drives me bonkers. I can't believe our boys will be in kindergarten next year!

LauraB said...

Isn't it time for Logan to come stay with Grammie and Papa for a few weeks? Or months?? I need a Logan hug!!!

Sheri said...

It's amazing how much kids remember. I think it's because they don't have all that other stuff crowding their brains yet.

tiffany knox said...

Jamie and Jon...I was snooping around trying to find peeps that I used to really enjoy knowing... and are a mystery now... it's Chris Knox! My wifey does a mean blog, so check us out... How the heck are you guys? Are you still playing piano Jamie? Jon, did you finish school? We are in Utah... yup, been here for a year now... I was planning on attending BYU, but we now want to be crazy and try to get into medical school... I don't know if I will ever pick something and stick with it... I did get my Master's at ASU (GO DEVILS!), and I'm a therapist at a boarding school here in Orem. Tiffany (I call her Wonder Woman) teaches piano and chases our 3 kiddos around... we're pretty busy. Anyway, talk to you soon!