Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

Now that Lexi has realized she can get around, she gets around. Gone are the days of peacefully going about my chores while she watches her favorite show ('Yo, Gabba, Gabba' - it's a little weird for my taste, but Lexi loves it and Jon thinks it's cool because it was created by one of the Aquabats) in the family room. She now either follows me around or takes off into another part of my house. Here she is "helping" me put away the dishes.




Her favorite places to try to sneek away to are the bathroom and the stairs. I finally let her try to climb the stairs the other day, and she just went all of the way up without stumbing at all, like she'd been doing it for months! Now, she just loves going up the stairs and heads over all of the time. Ah, the joys of having a little one in the house...


8 comments:

Charlotte said...

Too cute, can you send her back to AZ, I need someone to unload the dishwasher!

LauraB said...

Wonderful - how is she at the coming down part?? If I had a helper that cute, I might get a dishwasher!

Brian said...

Charlotte, that would imply that you DO the dishes, and I'm not buying it.

Teresa said...

Has anyone heard of child labor laws?!

Sheri said...

What is it with babies and bathrooms? Evan's fondest wish is to spend 5 minutes alone in the bathroom...

Jamie said...

Twice now she's managed to sneak in there - I found her both time standing at the toilet. Thank heavens the lid was down! I shudder to think of what may have occurred...

Kim said...

She looks so happy and proud of herself climbing the stairs.

Hey, I like that you have Muse on your playlist. I am so loving that band right now. I have to listen when I'm alone in the car though. Brian doesn't like it.

Marcy said...

I hope Lexi's charging you for the chores.