Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A future in crime?

Yesterday Logan and I were at Walgreens and he really wanted these Crayon bandaids. So, as I was waiting in line to check out, Logan went and stood by the exit door and said he would wait there for me. He had the bandaids with him, so I told him he needed to bring them to me so we could buy them. He said no. I told him we couldn't take them from the store without paying for them. So he walks over to me - as he is putting the bandaids under his shirt. He says to me, "How about I just put them under my shirt and then no one will know we took them." What??? Since when does he know how to steal? I explained to him why we couldn't do that and reached for the bandaids. He promptly took off, wanting me to chase him. I didn't. I just put the rest of my stuff on the counter and told him if the bandaids weren't there by the time I paid, he couldn't have them. He eventually brought them over. So, I'm there shaking my head, a little embarrassed, but the cashier is just laughing and saying how cute he is. Let's just hope this adventure doesn't lead to any real crime in the future!

5 comments:

Patrick said...

You let Logan go down to arizona for a couple of weeks with his grandparents and look at him now.

LauraB said...

HEY!! He didn't go any juvie time down here and there isn't anything here that he took from a store!!! I think it was those days he spent with his uncle!!

Patrick said...

This is a trend that has happened way before me. He tried to steal my book while he was here visiting. Laura must mean when he visited Slovakia.

Sheri said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! Anyway, I hope Max didn't rub off on Logan...

Marcy said...

A 5 finger discount never hurt anybody.