Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Halloween

I finally got around to downloading our Halloween pictures today. So here's how it went down. I picked up Logan's friend Alex from school to watch him until his dad and Jon got home from work to take them trick-or-treating. I thought I'd do a "mom" thing and let them make cookies.


Here are Logan and Alex using the cookie cutters. Logan made broomsticks, owls and bats and Alex made pumpkins, cats and witches. They both got bored pretty quick, and I ended up cutting out most of the cookies.


By the time the cookies were baked, both dads were home to get the kids dressed. Logan went back and forth a lot about what he wanted to be - but he usually came back to being a skeleton. So we searched and searched and searched, but we could not find a costume in his size. It turned out to be a good thing, because he finally settled on being a fireman again. His costume from last year still fit, so we lucked out on that one.










Alex is a huge dinosaur fan, and he also liked the skeleton idea, so his mom made him a dinosaur skeleton costume. I think it turned out pretty good.







And then there was Lexi, who we had almost forgot about. Side note, while we were searching for a skeleton costume for Logan, we toyed with the idea of all four of us being skeletons. We actually found the cutest skeleton costume for Lexi, but once we got it home and put it on her, we realized it didn't fit. So we took the costume back and promptly forgot to get her another one. Halloween day, I happen to be at Walmart when I remembered we needed something for her. Luckily they still had a lot of costumes left. I decided to go for the bear.












So the dads took the kids trick-or-treating and Lexi went along just to look cute.



By the time the kids returned home, I had finished making and coloring the frosting for their cookies. Logan did pretty good frosting 3 of his cookies (then he got bored). Alex got his dad to frost most of his while he just snuck bites.


All in all, the day was a success. The following day, Logan got to go to Alex's house and play all day. After I picked him up, I decided I didn't want to make anything for dinner, we went through the McD's drive through and headed home. Logan told me he was going to go to sleep and to wake him up when we got home. Well, I tried - with no success. After I carried him in from the truck, I laid him down on the ground, thinking he would wake up, but he didn't. So I went about my business - I ate my dinner, I fed Lexi, I put her to bed, I watched a little TV. Still, Logan just laid there. At one point I took his jacket off, and still, nothing. After an hour of this, I realized he just wasn't going to wake up, so I took him up to bed. Poor kid was so tuckered out he went to sleep without dinner!

9 comments:

Kim said...

I can't even tell you how much I love the picture of Lexi in her bear costume. It is too cute.

I think it's hillarious that Logan just slept there on the floor like that. I'm a little jealous. I still have a hard time getting Joseph to go to sleep.

Teresa said...

Logan looks so fuuny spead out on the floor like that!

I love Lexi's bear pic. She is so cute!

LauraB said...

What a beautiful bear!! Poor Logan, he probably ate a good breakfast the next morning!

Sheri said...

That picture of Lexi is absolutely ADORABLE. I love that picture of Logan too - Ben is the same - once he's asleep it's so hard to wake him.

Marcy said...

Oh, my Gosh!!! I can't believe you're so ruse, well, you're not ruse, but your playlist is. Here I was listing blistfully to my Letters to Cleo while doing a little catch up on the blog reads, when i get interupted by POISON!??!?!?!?!?!? I gotta love you woman.

Marcy said...

That dinosaur bones costume is great. Bremen would love it. OH, don't you hate those moms that make costumes for their kids! Oh, wait, didn't I make jedi costumes for the boys, oh, and I made batman for B last year. I tried to pull together a pirate costume for him this year, but he decided on Batman again. I guess I have to hate myself, if I want to be fair. I can't believe you made cookies with 2 toddlers-you're so brave-did you make the dough from scratch?

Jamie said...

First - what does 'ruse' mean? And am I total dork for not knowing what that means?

Second - yes, I did make the dough and the frosting from scratch. Must be something in the Idaho water, because I've found myself cooking from scratch quite a bit here. Then again, I don't have David and Laura to cook for me anymore, so I guess I had to finally do it for myself!

Marcy said...

Well, ruse does mean something, not sure if that's how you spell it, but that's not what I wanted to write. I wanted to say 'rude'. Sorry for the 2 type-o's.

Charlotte said...

Lexi is adorable! She is the cutest bear ever !!!