Monday, November 26, 2007

Logan is Five!

Logan's 5th birthday was on the 15th. Logan said he wanted a party with only boys, and he really only knows 1 boy, Alex. So, instead of a "party" we decided to go to Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday with Alex and his dad. On his actual birthday, Jon did not get home until very late (he was taking a class for work), so I decided to invite the girls next door (4, 7 and 9) over to have cake and ice cream. Well, for some reason, they also did not get home until after 7. They're usually home by 4, so I had the cake and presents ready by then, and since they weren't home, I made Logan wait. Man, what a mean Mommy I was! He waited for a while, but have the cake and presents just sitting there was driving him crazy. So, I finally let him do the candle thing and open presents.

He's so funny. He wanted to put the candles in himself. I told him to put 5 of them in, and he did this:



First he made a circle in the frosting for his sections of candles. If you look closely, you'll see there are 3 circles with 1 candle, 1 circle with 2 candles, 1 with 3, 1 with 4 and 1 with 5. Why are there 3 circles with 1 candle each? I guess he had extras.

He had a great time opening the presents. Although, the first 2 he opened were silverware, which he wasn't thrilled with. See, he likes using his own utensils - not the regular ones Jon and I use. He has a Thomas the Train fork and spoon that he loves, so I got him a Spiderman and Cars fork/spoon set. I thought he'd love them, but you know what his first reaction was? "I didn't want this, I wanted a toy. Can I throw them away?" What a little turd! He enjoys them now, so all is well. He also got a few Transformers (one of them was a Stars Wars one, how cool!) a puzzle and some games we wanted.

Finally the girls next door came over and we did the candle thing again (this time with only 5 candles) and had cake and ice cream again. Then Jon finally got home and there was nothing left to do. Poor Jon was disappointed that we didn't wait for him, but we tried. Oh well. He got to have his fun with Logan at Chuck E. Cheese.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Max loves that cake. He says, "Happy Birthday, Logan".

Teresa said...

I can't believe he asked if he could throw away the presents he didn't want. How funny.

LauraB said...

What a sweet picture - can't wait to kiss those cheeks!! Where are the Chuck E. Cheese pictures?

Jamie said...

Sorry, no pictures of that. I did bring my camera, intending to take pictures, but it just never happened!