Saturday, December 13, 2008

Catching up - Thanksgiving

For the second year in a row, we spent Thanksgiving with our friends Steve and Laura and their son Alex, who is one of Logan's good friends here. Laura brined the turkey (same as last year) and I tell you what - it was by far the best turkey I've ever had. No offense Mom, or anyone else. Brining is just the way to go. Being the picky eater that I am, I only like white meat and I'm not a fan of gravy. So, the turkey is usually kind of dry. I've been known in the past to spread mayonaise on the turkey to give it some moisture. Anyway, the brined turkey was not dry at all and it was so flavorful...yumm. We brought the mashed potatoes and homemade rolls. (Thanks for the great recipe, Mom). We basically hung out at their house all day. Here are some pics:

The Turkey

The "Grown-up" Table


The Kids Table

My Sweet Girl
My Handsome Boy

6 comments:

LauraB said...

Oh, so much to say. First, Nancy Y. has about got me convinced to brine the turkey next year. Second, Logan had to be in heaven - a day dedicated to turkey and grapes as a bonus!! Third, what a sweet picture of Lexi-doodles. And fourth - that last picture of Logan has got to be saved - it will come in handy in his teen and later years - "I'll show everyone that picture if you don't....."

Heather said...

That turkey looks amazing. I can just imagine what it tasted like.

Sheri said...

Logan has great fashion sense - does he get it from Jon? :)

Teresa said...

I think that is my new favorite pic of Lexi--so cute!

Jon said...

yeah...I wore that same outfit to work the next day

Kim said...

Thanksgiving - yum!

I agree, that picture of Lexi is adorable, and the picture of Logan is just awesome.