Friday, March 21, 2008

March Madness (updates in red)

Just for fun Jon and I filled out the brackets for the men's NCAA basketball championship thing. Neither one of us really follow college hoops, but Jon knows some stuff. Mine were total and complete guesses. Like, for one of the conferences, I picked whichever team came first in alphabetical order. I really know nothing about it. Two of our final four picks were the same, and we both picked UNC to win the whole thing, so it should be interesting. After the first round, here are the standings.

Out of 32 games played, the # of wins correctly predicted:
Jon - 20
Jamie - 19

We've both already knocked out 5 teams in the next round. A little thing I found interesting: Jon correctly predicted all of the winners in the East. I correctly predicted all of the winners in the South. My strategy? I picked all of the teams that started with the letter M. If there was no M team, I picked the team that was last in alphabetical order. Good strategy, I know. Anyone else playing?
PS: I don't know who this is - just some college b-ball pic I found!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

My eyes glazed over as soon as I saw the picture.

LauraB said...

See what living in Boise has done to you!!!

Beth said...

Travis has 18 and Austin has 17 right. I only have 14! Austin's picks were totally random, but he is holding his own! Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

Kim said...

I don't follow college basketball, but it reminds me of living at home with Darrel and Jared. March madness was a happy time for them at our house. In fact, the last time I was over at my mom's Darrel was there watching some March madness game.

Darrel said...

I correctly predicted 23 of the wins in the first round, and 6 of 8 so far in the econd round. So far, one of the teams that I have advancing to the third round is already eliminated. By the way, the picture is of Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina. I don't know who the other guy is.

Darrel said...

I should have said other guys.

Jamie said...

Nice job - I'm sure you'll beat both of us! As of last night, Jon had 3 right in the 2nd round and I only had 2. I had Duke going to the final 2, so that really blows my chances now!

Beth said...

I had Duke winning it all! So don't feel too bad! At least now I am tied with Austin. It would be so emberrasing to lose to my 6 year old son!

Marcy said...

I'm with Sheri.