Wednesday, March 26, 2008

AI top ten

Hello, my name is Jamie, and I'm an American Idol addict.

At least this season.... Since pretty much day one, I have loved Brooke, Michael, Carly and David Archuleta. Each week, they've kinda of shuffled back and forth as to which one was my current favorite. A few times there were clear winners... Like David's 'Imagine' and Brooke's 'Let It Be'. I also enjoyed when Michael sang The Doors (even in Hollywood week) and I liked Carly's Beatles songs. Actually, I liked most of the Beatles songs performed by these four.

Two weeks ago David Cook sang 'Eleanor Rigby' and jumped into my top 5, out of nowhere.

Last night, Jon and I were busy, so we didn't start watching the show until around 10:30 (I love my DVR). Since is was late and we were both tired, I fast-forwarded pretty much everything except the singing and critiques. So, I didn't watch David's story or even know what song he was singing. When he started, I didn't know what song he was singing. (Remember - David A had just sang a song I've never heard, so it's quite possible I wouldn't know David C's song, either). About a minute into it, I'm like "What? Is he singing Michael Jackson?" Jon had no comment. (I wonder if he even knows any Michael Jackson songs.) I was a totally surprised, I just loved what David did with that song. It was definitely my favorite of the night, with Michael being a fairly close second. Then Brooke, Carly and David A. Even with that cheesy song, I still liked him better than the other 5.

Anyway, I'm just loving David Cook right now. Even though his hair bugs me (although, not as much as Jason's hair). Who are you loving?

14 comments:

Becca said...

I have to admit after last night, David Cook was my favorite. You can't ignore talent like that. I always thought he was a good singer, but wow. I still like Brooke as a second. I hate Jason's hair too!

Brian said...

David Cook was awesome, but don't give him too much credit for what he did with the song...if you watch the intro, Ryan says "with Chris Cornell's version of Billy Jean, here is David Cook"...he did it so well, but I have heard that version before.

Charlotte said...

Why does his hair bug you? I like it. Did you ever watch Rock Star? This guy that was really good Marty did a Britney Spears song as a rock song and believe it or not it was good. I'll post it on my playlist so you can check it out.

Sheri said...

I loved David Cook last night too. I also love David Archeletta (although not the song he sang), Brooke & Michael Johns. Micheal John's rocked it last night!

Jamie said...

Brian - okay, so I didn't know it was someone else's version. That's what I get for fast-forwarding!

Char - I don't like it all combed forward and matted to his head and stuff. The bangs almost look like girl bangs with the side-sweep, you know? But, that is kinda the 'in' thing with guys hair these days, I guess.

Teresa said...

Isn't that the "metro" look for guys?!

Jack said...

I prefer less hair gel. Good to go all natural, like me!

Marcy said...

An effective way to deal with predators is to taste terrible.

Kim said...

My favorites are pretty much the same as yours, except for Carly. I don't know what it is about her, I just don't like her. I do however love her Irish accent when she talks, and I think she has pretty eyes.

I like Michael - he gave me goosebumps when he sand "We are the Champions." I also like Brooke and little David. I've liked David Cook for a few weeks now, I just can't watch him sing. I have to close my eyes and just listen. He seems a little smug, or almost like he's acting on stage. He sure can sing though.

I think his hair is like that to try and hide his huge head. If you go back and watch his story, he mentions how he thought he had a big head, like a villain from marvel comics. It was pretty funny. It made me like him more.

I do like Jason, he's not my favorite though. I didn't like his last performance. His hair doesn't bug me.

LauraB said...

Well, I've changed my loyalties from the start of the season. I'm now a huge David Cook fan, with Michael right behind and then I'm at a loss. I used to like Carly, but she hasn't let me feel the love in the last two weeks. David A. is a good singer - just not ready for the big time in my opinion. Brooke is good, but she lacks the star power that I think she'll need to get through to the end. She's too reserved. Rama-lama-ding-dong has a good voice - just doesn't seem to have what it takes to win. Guess I'd better stop here or I'll critique them all!

Trina said...

I like Jason's hair, I just wouldn't want to stand close to him incase a bug or something poped out. I am just glad Amanda is gone! My favorite by far is Kristy Lee Cook! Ha, bet you thought I was serious.

drjlambson said...

Tricia is obsessed with David Cook. She has rewatched that song over and over and downloaded it. I personally thought it was pretty good but I thought his Lionel Ritchie song he did was even better. I also think his head makes mine look small and that is saying something.

Unknown said...

I am a fan of David Cook. Maybe it's because I am a fan of big heads! I listened to the CHris Cornell version and although I wish David made that version up himself I still think he sang it better than CC. He gave me goosebumps. AMAZING!

Marcy said...

Hey, jamie I tried to email you
and it came back as not existing-your hotmail account. Do you have another email?