Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Music and Basketball


So, listen, Dawg, it was a'ight for me tonight. There wasn't really any stand out performances for me this week, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Michael Johns. He's always at the top of my list, anyway. As for the others, Brooke and the Davids round out my top 4. I listened to Carly's song, but to be honest with you, I fast forwarded through the other 4 songs after the first line. They just don't cut it for me. The best news of the night? David Cook got a haircut! I am no longer bothered by his hair.
.
As for college basketball: after 4 rounds and 60 games played, here are the standings:
Jon: 35
Jamie: 29
Pretty pathetic, I know. Jon has 3 of the final 4 remaining and I have 2. No matter what, Jon will win. He deserves to win every once in a while, I guess...
.
Just for fun...who can guess some words I stole from two of the AI judges?

11 comments:

Sheri said...

Dawg and a'ight are from Randy. Is "stand out performances" from Paula?

I'm with you on your recap although I liked Carly better than Brooke last night.

Teresa said...

Did we finally find a game you don't win? Amazing. I thought that would never happen! :)

Jamie said...

Sheri - You're right about Randy. I don't know if that's something Paula usually says, but it's not the quote I put in there on purpose.

Jamie said...

Ha ha Teresa. I think it probably is a good bet that anything related to sports I'm not going to win. But I'll kick your behind in almost everything else!

Jon said...

I have already expressed my displeasure to my loving wife about having American Idol pictures on our blog. Some things in this world are just plain wrong.

Jon said...

And just for the record...I beat her all the time at Cities and Knights of Catan

LauraB said...

Uh..."stand out performance" has been uttered by Simon a couple of times and "to be honest with you" has crossed his lips as well. So, whether you meant to or not, you channeled Simon Cowell!!

Jamie said...

"To be honest with you" is exactly the words I stole from Simon. I think he says that at least once per show.

Teresa said...

Get over it Jon.

I just watched my first AI show this week. I know, I have been too tired to watch it. Once Jack is in bed, I am usually not far behind. LOST is the only thing I have been staying up to watch.

Becca said...

So who can shed light on why we all love American Idol so much? I don't know why and yes, Jon, it might be "just plain wrong", but I know I can't help myself. Jamie, I'm addicted too.

Darrel said...

Just for the record, I correctly predicted 42 games. However, I got both of the teams in the championship wrong. I had UCLA and North Carolina.